"My Step-Father, MSGT. Michael Wood brought me from an orphanage in Wunderberg, Germany to AMERICA in 1973, and DEEPLY influenced my life. He died too soon 3 days after his 38th Birthday, after 19 + years of Military service. I spent those last 3 days with him. He saved my LIFE! ONE VETERAN, and now ONE ADDICT, who has helped over ONE THOUSAND Female Addicts see themselves as a possibility for success and "from victim to VICTORY!" Sonshine honors her Step-Father by being a member of The Wall Gang. With 5 cognitive groups a week and building the recovery home, life is getting too busy. BE a part of this Journey!She has a deep desire to travel with Steve and the Wall Gang to HONOR her Step-Father, lay a wreath, leave a picture of him at the Wall, for his fallen troops. WHY: The National Veterans Awareness Ride is a dedicated yearly ride to Honor all Veterans who served our country. Steve Moore of The Wall Gang and NVAR Chairman and 5 others will leave May 8 @ 8:00 am from the DAV 2301 Ohio St. Michigan City, stopping on May 21 at 3:30 pm at the Harley Shop in Michigan City and then returning May 28. Sonshine will post short videos to www.facebook.com/WorthyWomen and blog on our website at www.worthyrecovery.org/founders-blog. The "RIDE FOR RECOVERY" will be produced and sold as DVD's to help raise money for our Building Fund. ALL Sponsors will be engraved on “The Ride for Recovery Wall" plaque in the home. THE WORTHY Women Recovery Home is ready for the new construction and we WANT YOU to help us raise $25,000! Monies raised minus costs, will go to the WORTHY Women Building Fund. WWRH is a 501c3; donations are Tax-deductible.
Please send your check or pay online by May 23 to be included in our THANK YOU AD in Newspaper after the Ride Returns.
SPONSOR LEVELS AVAILABLE include:
1. Copper Level: 1 cent a mile=$60; Name on “The Ride for Recovery Wall plaque that will hang at WORTHY Women Recovery Home entrance. Copper PLUS Level: $61 to $299;
2. Nickel Level: 5 cents a mile= $300; ABOVE & Listed in Thank You Newspaper Ad. Framed Thank You certificate with a picture of Sonshine &Step-Dad’s Collage at The Vietnam Memorial Wall.
4. SILVER SPONSOR: 10 cents a mile = $600; ABOVE & YOURBUSINESS listed as a SILVER Sponsor in our Documentary. WORTHY RecoveryRadio Show on AM 1420 WIMS as Guest.
5. GOLD SPONSOR: 15 cents or more a mile= $900; ABOVE &YOUR BUSINESS or YOU in our DVD (up to 3min) listed as a Gold Sponsor. WORTHY Recovery Radio Guest live at your business or at AM 1420 WIMSstudio Sundays Noon - 2 pm.
Securely donate@ www.worthyrecovery.org
Send checks to: WWRH, PO BOX 116, La Porte, IN 46352(with RIDE in memo)
Sonshine has won 5 Awards including the:
- 2012 Ivy Tech College Personal Achievement
- 2012 La Porte County Drug Free Treatment Distinguished Recognition
- 2012 Ivy Tech College NWI Distinguished Alumni
- 2012 South Shore Leaders as Heroes Award
- 2011 Unity Foundation Annual Report Cover Article
- 2011 ATHENA Award