ONCE WE COMPLETE OUR REMODELING of the 4800 sq ft of building we will:
This Operatingl Plan Outline is a basic overview of what we will provide and what we expect of our residents, once we open. This is neither inclusive nor exclusive, just a comprehensive idea of why we exist, how we will help our ladies, what their responsibilities include, what they will be involved in and what the potential savings to taxpayers are.
Over 310 Ladies have been helped by Worthy Recovery Inc. with the MRT® program. Forty-six (46%) in 2008 and Thirty (30%) in 2009 participating in MRT groups have not been re-arrested vs. 85-95% that are rearrested and returned to jail. Sonshine saw the need to create a long term continuum of care with proven programs, providing job skills, education, life skills, volunteerism, and reconciliation of family relationships, primarily the children. WWRH incorporated in November 2008, filed for 501c3 status in January 2009 and received official IRS Status on May 5, 2009, 6 weeks after applying. We purchased our building at 1001 Maple St. on September 7, 2011 and are debt free.
D. E. “Sonshine” Troche has worked relentlessly at establishing and facilitating the Moral Reconation Therapy MRT® program at the La Porte County Jail since Feb 2008 and becoming an Advance Certified Facilitator of MRT. She has earned a honest and reliable reputation with the La Porte County Drug Free Partnership, the La Porte County Sheriff’s Department, the La Porte County Probation Department, the Drug Court Program and many of our Judges. She founded this home with Debbie Swisher in September 2008.
Every female residing at WWRH for 1 year saves La Porte County $25,000-$30,000. We are capable of housing 14 residents and saving taxpayers at least $300,000 per year, while educating and creating a Drug Free workforce for La Porte County Businesses. “If one Lady becomes healthy and heals, and her children do not follow her path, then every sacrifice and tear of my life will have been worthwhile!” Sonshine
OUR PRODUCT – Non-Violent Women who are or have been recently incarcerated or have recurring arrests because of substance abuse addictions
Giving the ladies a chance to get acclimated is vital to their recovery. Residents will pay $125 per week. We will accept disability checks as a very short term solution. We expect families to provide assistance when able. For the severely indigent, a minimum commitment to community services is a must. We will partner with local businesses and churches for scholarships. All residents will be required to participate in and adhere to all programs, rules and policies. Each resident is required to provide a positive attitude in keeping their home sanitary, safe, and secure.
OUR PLAN - Judges, Probation Officers, Work Release Center, etc.
- To have non-violent 1st female offenders ordered to us as an alternative sentence
- To have 2nd time offenders court-ordered to us as part of a shorter sentence
- To be a resource for the LaPorte County Jail and Indiana Department of Correction (IDOC) for offenders returning to La Porte County from Indiana Women’s Prison
OFFENDER SPECIFIC PROGRAMS – Correctional Counselling Institute www.ccimrt.com
MRT® Moral Reconation Therapy was designed and developed to target issues specific to the offender population. MRT® is shown to increase moral reasoning, and reduce the recidivism rates of offenders from 30%-50% after 10 years of release. On SAMHSA’s National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices
We will use CCI supplemental programs to maximize the success of our residents
- Coping with Anger – Anger management program
- Staying Quit – Substance abuse relapse prevention
- Job Readiness – Preparing yourself for workplace success
- Parenting and Family Values – Assessing parenting values and goals
- Driving the Right Way – Specifically for DUI offenders
SUPPORT SERVICES – Individualized Programs and Activities
- Employment/Social Services Assistance
- Children/Family Relationship Building
- Bible Studies/Daily Devotionals/Mentoring
OBJECTIVE – To Promote Positive Change In Our Community
- Raise participants levels of moral decision making skills
- Reduce recidivism(re-arrest) rates in La Porte County
- Improve the quality of life for their children
- Decrease taxpayers burdens by decreased criminal activity
OUR GOALS – Short Term Goals
- To provide safe, structured and supportive housing for 14 former female inmates
- Mandatory GED courses; college classes
- Jobs skill training/resume building for residents
Long Term Goals: We are Unique because
Currently (Jan 2014) no recovery home exists in La Porte County, specific to providing a continuum of care for formerly incarcerated females with substance abuse addiction issues.
- We will provide a Christian family environment exemplifying higher moral reasoning
- We will provide staff trained with evidence and research based programs
- We will be a long term facility with structure and a continuum of care
Substance Abuse Recovery Homes (Females) in surrounding Counties:
- Alice’s House in Valparaiso, IN
- YWCA in South Bend, IN
INCARCERATION COST COMPARISONS - http://www.in.gov/idoc/2377.htm
- La Porte County Jail = Approximately $70 per day
- Indiana Women’s Prison (IWP) = $70 per day
- Community Corrections Center = $35 per day 1st month, then $15 per day, exclusive
- WWRH Residents pay approximately $18 per day ($125 per week) inclusive
Please consider becoming a financial partner with us, thru a monthly contribution via an automatic bank draft, our secure Paypal account, your credit card/Paypal account, or by sending a check to W R Inc., PO Box 116, La Porte, IN 46352.
Daniela E. “Sonshine” Troche, Exec. Dir. 219-405-7006
~ www.worthyrecovery.org ~ www.facebook.com/WorthyWomen